Skip to main content block
:::

Meinong District Public Health Center, Kaohsiung City

  • Meinong District Public Health Center, Kaohsiung CityMeinong health center was established in March 1950, was the subsidiary unit of District office, located in town library. Subsidized by the Agricultural Developing Committee and the U.S. aids to obtain large quantities of medicine and instruments to handle the medical clinic business. In July 1952, according to the organization documents, it changed to be under the jurisdiction of Health Bureau of Kaohsiung County.

    In January 1956, subsidized by agricultural rejuvenate committee, built a new office next to Heheh village and Meinong Bridge. Completed in November of the same year and moved into the new office and handled official business.

    The health center changed to be under the jurisdiction of Town District Office in 1957.

    According to the rules of organization, changed to be under the jurisdiction of Health Bureau of Kaohsiung County again in 1973.

    In February 1982, subsidized by Department of Health of Executive Yuan, built Gwanlin Clinic located at No. 9, KwanJio Street, Kwanlin village.

    In April 1985, subsidized by Department of Health of Executive Yuan , built Jiyang Clinic located at No. 13, Hesin Street, Jidong village.

    In 1988, the clinics of Jiyang and Kwanlin renamed to be “Jiyang, Kawnlin basic healthe care center” and actively promote these two Area’s hygiene work.

    The office building was 33 years old, too narrow no longer sufficient, however the land was hard to obtain and decided to move to the town gymnasium temporary to handle official business.

    The Group medical practice center was established on April 1, 1991.

    Meinong requested from the County Government to allocate and the right to use No. 2454-3 parcel, Size1650 sq.m. in 1993. The Health Department in the 1994 fiscal year subsidized and funded to rebuild the health center. It was completed and launched in 1996.